In this template, average values are derived from absolute values (auto calculated using formulas).
Use case example: Monthly revenue percent target achieved
The chart in above example compares total actual monthly revenue (indicated by blue bar) against target revenue (indicated by light gray bar) and shows percentage target achieved in each month.
In this example, the target is different for each month. We can see that the targets have been overachieved in 4 out or 8 months. Even in other months, more that 90% targets have been achieved.
Use this actual vs. target chart to present value of target achievement.
How to use and edit this chart template
To edit this chart template, execute following steps.
- Right click on the chart to open chart menu. Click Edit Data. This will open the linked Excel sheet (see video below).
- Enter categories in column A. They are plotted on X-axis.
- Enter variable 1 data / actual values in column B. These are plotted on primary Y-axis.
- Enter variable 2 data / target (budget) values in column C.
- Close the Excel sheet.
- Percentage target achieved is derived from actual and target data values. They are plotted on secondary Y-axis.
- File format: PPTX. Compatible with PowerPoint 2013 and above.