present target vs. actual data comparison (percentage values).
Average values are derived from absolute values (auto calculated using formulas).
- Pre-built data setup with comments, so that you don’t have to spend time figuring out how to setup data correctly.
- Uncluttered charts with professional formatting and styles that automatically adopt to your data, so that you don’t have to find, learn and fine tune tens of hidden settings.
- Out-of-box single/dual axis charts for numeric, percentage and currency data, with pre-placed data labels, legends and offbeat markers for engaging presentations.
- Fully functional data chart with real world data.
The chart in above example compares total actual monthly revenue (indicated by blue bar) against target revenue (indicated by light gray bar) and shows percentage target achieved in each month.
In this example, the target is different for each month. We can see that the targets have been overachieved in 4 out or 8 months. Even in other months, more that 90% targets have been achieved.
Use this actual vs. target chart to present value of target achievement.
Percent target achieved = (Actual revenue / Target revenue) x 100
To edit this chart template, execute following steps.
- Right click on the chart to open chart menu. Click Edit Data. This will open the linked Excel sheet (see video below).
- Enter categories in column A. They are plotted on X-axis.
- Enter variable 1 data / actual values in column B. These are plotted on primary Y-axis.
- Enter variable 2 data / target (budget) values in column C.
- Close the Excel sheet.
- Percentage target achieved is derived from actual and target data values. They are plotted on secondary Y-axis.
The following video shows how you can easily edit data and customize the PowerPoint chart template in minutes, for any report or data analysis presentation, irrespective of industry or job function.
PPTX. Compatible with PowerPoint 2013 and above.Instant access and download. Can be saved as PDF, PNG, JPG to insert in MS Word or in other documents or to use on websites and blogs.
See More Related Charts