How to use and edit this chart template
To edit this chart template, execute following steps.
- Right click on the chart to open chart menu. Click Edit Data. This will open the linked Excel sheet (see video below).
- Enter months in column A, actual values in column B and target values in column C.
- Add your data manually or copy data from any data source.
- Close the Excel sheet.
- Easily change, add or delete categories and data series, if you have more/less data than provided in this ready-to-use template.
- Easily change Y-axis values from numbers to currency or percentages.
- Restyle and customize to change text, fonts, colors etc. to match your brand guidelines, corporate identity / corporate design and preferences.
- Modify the template for your own use case, industry or job function. Easily change, add or delete categories and corresponding data series, if you have more/less data than provided in this ready-to-use template.
- File format: PPTX. Compatible with PowerPoint 2010 and above.
Use case example: Sales-to-date against target
The line chart in above example shows monthly actual number of sales-to-date recorded against the budget/target. Months are plotted on X-axis and the number of sales values are plotted on Y-axis.
We can see that this organization/department is well short of targets right from the first month of the year.
This is a great chart for monthly report and performance dashboard for client / management reporting.