In this chart template;
- Cumulative target values are auto calculated using formulas.
- Cumulative actual values are auto calculated using formulas.
How to use and edit this chart template
To edit this chart template, execute following steps.
- Right click on the chart to open chart menu. Click Edit Data. This will open the linked Excel sheet (see video below).
- Enter categories in column A, target values in column B, actual values in column C and initial base value in column C. You can add your data manually or copy data from Excel or any data source.
- Close the Excel sheet.
- Easily change Y-axis values from numbers to currency or percentages.
- Modify the template for your own use case, industry or job function. Easily change, add or delete categories and corresponding data series, if you have more/less data than provided in this ready-to-use template.
- File format: PPTX. Compatible with PowerPoint 2010 and above.
Use case example: Customer acquisition against target
This customer acquisition against target monthly report shows cumulative monthly target vs. actual number of customers acquired each month, against the initial number of customers baseline.
In this example, months are plotted on X-axis and baseline, target and actual values are plotted on Y-axis.
With just a glance at the chart, audience can see that this organization/department has been overachieving targets from the month of June onward.