Target vs. Achievement Chart with Under-performance Auto Highlighted
use conditionally formatted advanced column and line combination chart to present target vs. actual performance data with columns corresponding to below target values automatically highlighted in a different color, to draw attention at a glance.
- Columns corresponding to below target values are automatically highlighted in a different color, to draw attention at a glance.
- Use this template when targets are same across categories.
- Pre-built data setup with comments, so that you don’t have to spend time figuring out how to setup data correctly.
- Uncluttered charts with professional formatting and styles that automatically adopt to your data, so that you don’t have to find, learn and fine tune tens of hidden settings.
- Out-of-box single/dual axis charts for numeric, percentage and currency data, with pre-placed data labels, legends and offbeat markers for engaging presentations.
- Fully functional data chart with real world data.
In the example above, actual monthly sales volume achieved is compared against specified target for each month. When the actual achievement is below target, corresponding categories/columns are auto-highlighted in red color.
At a glance, your audience would be able to spot the underachievers.
This is a great chart for your monthly report and dashboard.
Target Overachieved or Underachieved = Target value – Actual Achievement value
To edit this chart template, execute following steps.
- Right click on the chart to open chart menu. Click Edit Data. This will open the linked Excel sheet (see video below).
- Enter categories in column A. They are plotted on X-axis.
- Enter actual achievement data in column B. They are plotted on Y-axis using columns.
- Enter budget / target data value in cell C3. This is plotted on Y-axis using a dotted line.
- You can add your data manually or copy data from Excel or any other data source.
- Close the Excel sheet.
- Restyle and customize to change text, fonts, colors etc. to match your brand guidelines, corporate identity / corporate design and preferences.
- Use this chart template when target is same for all categories / months (easily replace months with products, employees, branches, locations etc.). See chart for different targets.
- Below target (under-achieved) categories/columns are auto identified using formulas.
- Below target categories/columns are auto highlighted in red color using conditional formatting (you can easily change color).
- Easily change Y-axis values from currency to absolute numbers or percentages.
- Easily change currency symbol from USD to any other currency symbol.
- Modify the template for your own use case, industry or job function. Easily change, add or delete categories and corresponding data series, if you have more/less data than provided in this ready-to-use template.
The following video shows how you can easily edit data and customize the PowerPoint chart template in minutes, for any report or data analysis presentation, irrespective of industry or job function.
PPTX. Compatible with PowerPoint 2010 and above.Instant access and download. Can be saved as PDF, PNG, JPG to insert in MS Word or in other documents or to use on websites and blogs.
See More Related Charts