In this template;
- Columns corresponding to below target values are automatically highlighted in a different color, to draw attention at a glance.
- Use this template when targets are same across categories.
How to use and edit this chart template
To edit this chart template, execute following steps.
- Right click on the chart to open chart menu. Click Edit Data. This will open the linked Excel sheet (see video below).
- Enter categories in column A. They are plotted on X-axis.
- Enter actual achievement data in column B. They are plotted on Y-axis using columns.
- Enter budget / target data value in cell C3. This is plotted on Y-axis using a dotted line.
- You can add your data manually or copy data from Excel or any other data source.
- Close the Excel sheet.
- Restyle and customize to change text, fonts, colors etc. to match your brand guidelines, corporate identity / corporate design and preferences.
- Use this chart template when target is same for all categories / months (easily replace months with products, employees, branches, locations etc.). See chart for different targets.
- Below target (under-achieved) categories/columns are auto identified using formulas.
- Below target categories/columns are auto highlighted in red color using conditional formatting (you can easily change color).
- Easily change Y-axis values from currency to absolute numbers or percentages.
- Easily change currency symbol from USD to any other currency symbol.
- Modify the template for your own use case, industry or job function. Easily change, add or delete categories and corresponding data series, if you have more/less data than provided in this ready-to-use template.
- File format: PPTX. Compatible with PowerPoint 2010 and above.
Use case example: Actual sales against target comparison
In the example above, actual monthly sales volume achieved is compared against specified target for each month. When the actual achievement is below target, corresponding categories/columns are auto-highlighted in red color.
At a glance, your audience would be able to spot the underachievers.
This is a great chart for your monthly report and dashboard.