How to use and edit this chart template
To edit this chart template, execute following steps.
- Right click on the chart to open chart menu. Click Edit Data. This will open the linked Excel sheet (see video below).
- Enter main categories in column A. These categories form the node 1 / level 1 of the sunburst chart.
- Enter sub-categories in column B. These categories form the node 2 / level 2 of the sunburst chart.
- Enter data values for each of the sub-category in column C. These data values determine the size of each sub-category / segment. Larger the data value, bigger is the segment. The data values can be numeric, percentages or currency values.
- You can add your data manually or copy data from Excel or any other data source.
- Close the Excel sheet.
- Restyle and customize to change text, fonts, colors etc. to match your brand guidelines, corporate identity / corporate design and preferences.
- Modify the template for your own use case, industry or job function. Easily change, add or delete categories and corresponding data series, if you have more/less data than provided in this ready-to-use template.
- File format: PPTX. This template is compatible with Office 365, PowerPoint 2016 and above.
Use case example: Revenue from top 5 customers
The sunburst chart (also known as multi-level pie chart, radial treemap) in above example shows revenue generated by an organization in a given period, from top 5 customers in B2B and B2C segments, using 2 levels of rings.
The first level shows categories (B2B and B2C segments in this example) divided in slices. The second level shows sub-categories (names of customers within each segment) that belong to each main category. The arc length of each category as well as sub-category slice is proportional to the value it represents.
Simply by looking at sizes of the slices, we can see that among top 5 B2B and B2C customers of this organization, it generates more revenue from B2B customers as compared to the B2C segment.