Sunburst Chart Template with Two Nodes / Levels
show category and sub-category data in hierarchical order using multi-level rings.
Excel based datasheet.
- Pre-built data setup with comments, so that you don’t have to spend time figuring out how to setup data correctly.
- Uncluttered charts with professional formatting and styles that automatically adopt to your data, so that you don’t have to find, learn and fine tune tens of hidden settings.
- Out-of-box single/dual axis charts for numeric, percentage and currency data, with pre-placed data labels, legends and offbeat markers for engaging presentations.
- Fully functional data chart with real world data.
The sunburst chart (also known as multi-level pie chart, radial treemap) in above example shows revenue generated by an organization in a given period, from top 5 customers in B2B and B2C segments, using 2 levels of rings.
The first level shows categories (B2B and B2C segments in this example) divided in slices. The second level shows sub-categories (names of customers within each segment) that belong to each main category. The arc length of each category as well as sub-category slice is proportional to the value it represents.
Simply by looking at sizes of the slices, we can see that among top 5 B2B and B2C customers of this organization, it generates more revenue from B2B customers as compared to the B2C segment.
To edit this chart template, execute following steps.
- Right click on the chart to open chart menu. Click Edit Data. This will open the linked Excel sheet (see video below).
- Enter main categories in column A. These categories form the node 1 / level 1 of the sunburst chart.
- Enter sub-categories in column B. These categories form the node 2 / level 2 of the sunburst chart.
- Enter data values for each of the sub-category in column C. These data values determine the size of each sub-category / segment. Larger the data value, bigger is the segment. The data values can be numeric, percentages or currency values.
- Close the Excel sheet.
The following video shows how you can easily edit data and customize the PowerPoint chart template in minutes, for any report or data analysis presentation, irrespective of industry or job function.
PPTX. This template is compatible with Office 365, PowerPoint 2016 and above.Instant access and download. Can be saved as PDF, PNG, JPG to insert in MS Word or in other documents or to use on websites and blogs.
See More Related Charts