Use case example: Brand market share
The sunburst chart in above example shows market share of 5 brands, dealing in computers and phones, in three countries – USA, India and Canada. This chart template uses 3 nodes.
The first node represents countries. The second node represents categories (phones and computers). The third node represents brands. The third node also shows the percentage market share of each brand. The arc length of slices in each node is proportional to the data value it represents.
How to use and edit this chart template
To edit this chart template, execute following steps.
- Right click on the chart to open chart menu. Click Edit Data. This will open the linked Excel sheet (see video below).
- Enter main categories in column A. These categories form the node 1 / level 1 of the sunburst chart.
- Enter first level sub-categories in column B. These categories form the node 2 / level 2 of the sunburst chart.
- Enter second level sub-categories within the sub-categories specified in step 3 above in column C. These categories form the node 3 / level 3 of the sunburst chart.
- Enter data values for each of the sub-sub-category in column D. These data values determine the size of each sub-sub-category / segment. Larger the data value, bigger is the segment. The data values can be numeric, percentages or currency values.
- Close the Excel sheet.
- File format: PPTX. Compatible with Office 365, PowerPoint 2016 and above.