Sunburst Chart with Three Nodes / Levels
show category and sub-category data in hierarchical order using multi-level rings.
Excel based datasheet.
- Pre-built data setup with comments, so that you don’t have to spend time figuring out how to setup data correctly.
- Uncluttered charts with professional formatting and styles that automatically adopt to your data, so that you don’t have to find, learn and fine tune tens of hidden settings.
- Out-of-box single/dual axis charts for numeric, percentage and currency data, with pre-placed data labels, legends and offbeat markers for engaging presentations.
- Fully functional data chart with real world data.
The sunburst chart in above example shows market share of 5 brands, dealing in computers and phones, in three countries – USA, India and Canada. This chart template uses 3 nodes.
The first node represents countries. The second node represents categories (phones and computers). The third node represents brands. The third node also shows the percentage market share of each brand. The arc length of slices in each node is proportional to the data value it represents.
To edit this chart, execute following steps.
- Right click on the chart to open chart menu. Click Edit Data. This will open the linked Excel sheet (see video below).
- Enter main categories in column A. These categories form the node 1 / level 1 of the sunburst chart.
- Enter first level sub-categories in column B. These categories form the node 2 / level 2 of the sunburst chart.
- Enter second level sub-categories within the sub-categories specified in step 3 above in column C. These categories form the node 3 / level 3 of the sunburst chart.
- Enter data values for each of the sub-sub-category in column D. These data values determine the size of each sub-sub-category / segment. Larger the data value, bigger is the segment. The data values can be numeric, percentages or currency values.
- Close the Excel sheet.
The following video shows how you can easily edit data and customize the PowerPoint chart template in minutes, for any report or data analysis presentation, irrespective of industry or job function.
PPTX. Compatible with Office 365, PowerPoint 2016 and above.Instant access and download. Can be saved as PDF, PNG, JPG to insert in MS Word or in other documents or to use on websites and blogs.
See More Related Charts