Use case example: Sales by region
The stacked column chart in above example shows sales of 7 products during a period across 4 regions – East, West, South and North.
Total sales volume of products is represented by respective columns. Sales volume in each region, as seen in legend, is represented by stacks within columns.. Taller the stack, higher is the sales volume. For example, North region contributes maximum to the total perfume sales.
Percentage contribution to total can be visualized using 100% stacked chart template.
How to use and edit this chart template
To edit this chart template, execute following steps.
- Right click on the chart to open chart menu. Click Edit Data. This will open the linked Excel sheet (see video below).
- Enter categories in column A. They are plotted on X-axis.
- Enter variable 1 data for first stack in column B.
- Enter variable 2 data for second stack in column C.
- Enter variable 3 data for third stack in column D.
- Enter variable 4 data for fourth stack in column E.
- Close the Excel sheet.
- File format: PPTX. Compatible with PowerPoint 2013 and above.