How to use and edit this chart template
To edit this chart template, execute following steps.
- Right click on the chart to open chart menu. Click Edit Data. This will open the linked Excel sheet (see video below).
- Enter categories in column A. They are plotted on X-axis.
- Enter variable 1 data for first stack in column B.
- Enter variable 2 data for second stack in column C.
- Enter variable 3 data for third stack in column D.
- Enter variable 4 data for fourth stack in column E.
- You can add your data manually or copy data from Excel or any other data source.
- Close the Excel sheet.
- Restyle and customize to change text, fonts, colors etc. to match your brand guidelines, corporate identity / corporate design and preferences.
- Easily change Y-axis values from currency to absolute numbers or percentages.
- Easily change currency symbol from USD to any other currency symbol.
- Modify the template for your own use case, industry or job function. Easily change, add or delete categories and corresponding data series, if you have more/less data than provided in this ready-to-use template.
- File format: PPTX. Compatible with PowerPoint 2013 and above.
Use case example: Sales by region
The stacked column chart in above example shows sales of 7 products during a period across 4 regions – East, West, South and North.
Total sales volume of products is represented by respective columns. Sales volume in each region, as seen in legend, is represented by stacks within columns.. Taller the stack, higher is the sales volume. For example, North region contributes maximum to the total perfume sales.
Percentage contribution to total can be visualized using 100% stacked chart template.