Use case example: Revenue from new products
The above example plots total monthly revenue of an organization with revenue from new products segregated using a stack, indicated by green color.
This chart uses 2 Y-axis. The revenue amounts are plotted on primary Y-axis and percent contribution of new products is plotted on secondary Y-axis.
This chart template is particularly helpful in comparing total category value, represented by height of each stacked column as well as highlighting how a sub-category contributes to the main category, represented by both – height as well color differentiation of the sub-category.
The combination of numeric and percent values helps in quickly identifying the cumulative quantum in absolute terms as well as individual portion in percentage terms.
How to use and edit this chart template
To edit this chart template, execute following steps.
- Right click on the chart to open chart menu. Click Edit Data. This will open the linked Excel sheet (see video below).
- Enter categories in column A. They are plotted on X-axis.
- Enter variable 1 data for first stack in column B.
- Enter variable 2 data for second stack in column C.
- Close the Excel sheet.
- Percent contribution of second stack to the total is derived from absolute values. The percentage values are plotted on secondary Y-axis.
- File format: PPTX. Compatible with PowerPoint 2013 and above.