How to use and edit this chart template
To edit this chart template, execute following steps.
- Right click on the chart to open chart menu. Click Edit Data. This will open the linked Excel sheet (see video below).
- Enter categories in column A. They are plotted on X-axis.
- Enter variable 1 data for first stack in column B.
- Enter variable 2 data for second stack in column C.
- Percent contribution of second stack to the total is derived from absolute values. The percentage values are plotted on secondary Y-axis.
- You can add your data manually or copy data from Excel or any other data source.
- Close the Excel sheet.
- Restyle and customize to change text, fonts, colors etc. to match your brand guidelines, corporate identity / corporate design and preferences.
- Easily change Y-axis values from currency to absolute numbers or percentages.
- Easily change currency symbol from USD to any other currency symbol.
- Modify the template for your own use case, industry or job function. Easily change, add or delete categories and corresponding data series, if you have more/less data than provided in this ready-to-use template.
- File format: PPTX. Compatible with PowerPoint 2013 and above.
Use case example: Revenue from new products
The above example plots total monthly revenue of an organization with revenue from new products segregated using a stack, indicated by green color.
This chart uses 2 Y-axis. The revenue amounts are plotted on primary Y-axis and percent contribution of new products is plotted on secondary Y-axis.
This chart template is particularly helpful in comparing total category value, represented by height of each stacked column as well as highlighting how a sub-category contributes to the main category, represented by both – height as well color differentiation of the sub-category.
The combination of numeric and percent values helps in quickly identifying the cumulative quantum in absolute terms as well as individual portion in percentage terms.