In this template, percentage values are derived from absolute numbers using formulas.
Example: Follow-up to win ratio
The XY scatter plot in above example analyzes 243 deals closed during a period and their correlation with number of follow ups. The chart plots number of client follow ups on X-axis and corresponding number of deals closed on Y-axis. The connected markers show percentage of deals closed at each follow up stage.
From the chart, audience can easily see that 61% of the deals got closed between 5th and 10th follow-up, with 14% at the 7th follow-up. This analysis emphasizes importance of multiple follow-ups and optimum number of follow ups for better results.
Also see bullet chart template to visualize proposals to sales closure ratio and panel chart template to compare lead to conversion ratio.
How to use and edit this chart template
To edit this chart template, execute following steps.
- Right click on the chart to open chart menu. Click Edit Data. This will open the linked Excel sheet (see video below).
- Enter variable 1 data in column A. These values form the X-axis of the scatter plot.
- Enter variable 2 data in column B. These values form the Y-axis of the scatter plot.
- Variable 2 data values are automatically converted into percentages using formulas in the data setup. They are shown using pre-formatted auto-placed connected markers with data values.
- Close the Excel sheet.
- File format: PPTX. Compatible with PowerPoint 2013 and above.