In this template, percentage values are derived from absolute numbers using formulas.
How to use and edit this chart template
To edit this chart template, execute following steps.
- Right click on the chart to open chart menu. Click Edit Data. This will open the linked Excel sheet (see video below).
- Enter variable 1 data in column A. These values form the X-axis of the scatter plot.
- Enter variable 2 data in column B. These values form the Y-axis of the scatter plot.
- Variable 2 data values are automatically converted into percentages using formulas in the data setup. They are shown using pre-formatted auto-placed connected markers with data values.
- You can add your data manually or copy data from Excel or any other data source.
- Close the Excel sheet.
- Restyle and customize to change text, fonts, colors etc. to match your brand guidelines, corporate identity / corporate design and preferences.
- Modify the template for your own use case, industry or job function. Easily change, add or delete categories and corresponding data series, if you have more/less data than provided in this ready-to-use template.
- File format: PPTX. Compatible with PowerPoint 2013 and above.
Use case example: Follow-up to win ratio
The XY scatter plot in above example analyzes 243 deals closed during a period and their correlation with number of follow ups. The chart plots number of client follow ups on X-axis and corresponding number of deals closed on Y-axis. The connected markers show percentage of deals closed at each follow up stage.
From the chart, audience can easily see that 61% of the deals got closed between 5th and 10th follow-up, with 14% at the 7th follow-up. This analysis emphasizes importance of multiple follow-ups and optimum number of follow ups for better results.