Monthly Sales Variance Report
analyze and report percentage variance between two values.
This dynamic column chart template is conditionally formatted to automatically calculate percentage variance from absolute values and show up or down arrows along the X-axis, based on increase or decrease in value over previous period.
- Pre-built data setup with comments, so that you don’t have to spend time figuring out how to setup data correctly.
- Uncluttered charts with professional formatting and styles that automatically adopt to your data, so that you don’t have to find, learn and fine tune tens of hidden settings.
- Out-of-box single/dual axis report templates for numeric, percentage and currency values, with pre-placed data labels, legends and offbeat markers for engaging presentations.
- Fully functional report template with real world data.
The column chart in above example compares (a) number of units sold in each month from January to July and the month-over-month percentage variance (increase/decrease).
In addition to periodic data comparison (as in above example), this template can also be used for sales, marketing, HR, digital marketing, financial data comparisons across periods (days, weeks, months, years), products (shirts, skirts, shoes etc.), employee performance, revenue comparison (based on function, department, branch etc.) and so on.
This is a great chart for your monthly report and dashboard.
% Variance = [ (Current Period Value – Previous Period Value) / Previous Period Value ] x 100
To edit this chart, execute following steps.
- Right click on the chart to open chart menu. Click Edit Data. This will open the linked Excel sheet (see video below).
- Enter categories in column D. They are plotted on X-axis.
- Enter corresponding data for each category in column E. This is plotted on Y-axis.
- Percentage variance is derived from absolute values (auto calculated using formulas).
- Percentage variance is shown along X-axis, below the category labels. Positive variance is indicated by an ‘up’ arrow and negative variance is indicated by a ‘down’ arrow along X-axis.
- Close the Excel sheet.
The following video shows how you can easily edit data and customize this report template in minutes for your presentations, irrespective of industry or job function.
PPTX. Compatible with PowerPoint 2010 and above.Instant access and download. Can be saved as PDF, PNG, JPG to insert in MS Word or in other documents or to use on websites and blogs.
See More Related Reports