Annual Sales Comparison and Percentage Variance
compare two data series sharing same parameters side by side and show percent increase/decrease.
Percentage increase/decrease between two parameters is derived from numeric data using formulas.
- Pre-built data setup with comments, so that you don’t have to spend time figuring out how to setup data correctly.
- Uncluttered charts with professional formatting and styles that automatically adopt to your data, so that you don’t have to find, learn and fine tune tens of hidden settings.
- Out-of-box single/dual axis report templates for numeric, percentage and currency values, with pre-placed data labels, legends and offbeat markers for engaging presentations.
- Fully functional report template with real world data.
The butterfly chart template above shows product sales numbers of ten products and compares them between two period. The chart also displays percent increase or decrease over previous period.
Numeric values are plotted on X-axis and categories (products in this example) are plotted on Y-axis. The two sub-categories/data series (last year and this year) are displayed side by side on either side of the categories for a quick comparison.
% Change = [ (Sales in this year – Sales in previous year) / Sales in previous year ] x 100
To edit chart data, execute following steps.
- Right click on the chart to open chart menu. Click Edit Data. This will open the linked Excel sheet (see video below).
- Enter category data in column A, numeric data values for parameter 1 in column B and numeric data values for parameter 2 in column C.
- Close the Excel sheet.
The following video shows how you can easily edit data and customize this report template in minutes for your presentations, irrespective of industry or job function.
PPTX. Compatible with PowerPoint 2010 and above.Instant access and download. Can be saved as PDF, PNG, JPG to insert in MS Word or in other documents or to use on websites and blogs.
See More Related Reports