In this template;
- Percentage values are derived from absolute numbers.
- Height of each segment is automatically determined by its data value in relation to other segments.
- Auto placed data labels show category names, absolute values and percentage values (derived from numeric input).
Use case example: Sales funnel for lead - conversion ratio
The funnel chart in above example visualizes sales funnel of an organization in 7 stages, starting with (1) number of leads at the top, followed by (2) qualified leads (3) solution fit (4) presentations made to clients (5) client evaluations (6) negotiations and (7) number of conversions/closing at the bottom of the funnel.
With a quick look at the chart, audience can see that of 8,357 leads received by an organization during a period, 20% (1,684 leads) resulted in conversions – an impressive lead – conversion ratio.
The chart also shows progressive reduction of leads as the sales process progresses from one stage to next. In this example, you can see that there is a significant drop from qualified leads stage to solution fit stage, illustrating possible bottlenecks and an area of improvement.
See funnel chart template for analysis of average sales cycle length in days.
How to use and edit this chart template
To edit this chart template, execute following steps.
- Right click on the chart to open chart menu. Click Edit Data. This will open the linked Excel sheet (see video below).
- Enter category names for each funnel segment in cells highlighted in blue color in column A.
- Enter corresponding numeric data in cells highlighted in blue color in column B.
- Close the Excel sheet.
- File format: PPTX. Compatible with PowerPoint 2013 and above.