How to use and edit this chart template
To edit this chart template, execute following steps.
- Right click on the chart to open chart menu. Click Edit Data. This will open the linked Excel sheet (see video below).
- Enter category data in column A and enter corresponding percentage data in column B.
- The template has data for 10 categories. Add or delete number of categories as required.
- Close the Excel sheet.
- Restyle and customize to change text, fonts, colors etc. to match your brand guidelines, corporate identity / corporate design and preferences.
- Modify the template for your own use case. Easily change, add or delete categories and corresponding data series, if you have more/less data than provided in this ready-to-use template.
- File format: PPTX. Compatible with PowerPoint 2010 and above.
Use case example: Market research survey results
The progress bar chart in this example presents market research survey results for ‘factors influencing purchase decisions’. The factors are plotted on Y-axis and corresponding percentage of responses for each factor are plotted on X-axis in form of horizontal bars. The percentage responses are indicated by proportionate color fill.
We can see that word of mouth (74%) is the most influencing factor and search the least (51%).