How to use and edit this chart template
To edit this chart template, execute following steps.
- Right click on the chart to open chart menu. Click Edit Data. This will open the linked Excel sheet (see video below).
- Enter categories in column A. They form the X-axis of the waterfall chart.
- Enter corresponding series data for each category in column B. The data series values can be positive or negative values. These values are plotted on Y-axis.
- You can add your data manually or copy data from Excel or any other data source.
- Close the Excel sheet.
- Modify the template for your own use case, industry or job function. Easily change, add or delete categories and corresponding data series, if you have more/less data than provided in this ready-to-use template.
- File format: PPTX. This template is compatible with Office 365, PowerPoint 2016 and above.
Use case example: Initial to final number of customers
The above example shows initial customer base and effect of intermediate events such as subscription renewals, new customers acquisition, subscription cancellations and payment failures, leading to final value – total number of customers at the end of a period.