Use case example: Revenue by original source
The pie of pie chart above presents a high level view of proportions of total number of leads generated by an organization from each of the 8 lead generation / origination sources.
Pie chart tends to get cluttered and difficult to read when there are more than 5 – 6 categories. This limitation can be overcome by using pie of pie chart in which smaller categories are clubbed as ‘other’ and shown in a secondary pie chart (as a part of primary pie chart).
Another similar chart option is Bar of Pie Chart.
How to use and edit this chart template
To edit this chart template, execute following steps.
- Right click on the chart to open chart menu. Click Edit Data. This will open the linked Excel sheet (see video below).
- Enter your data in cells marked in blue color.
- You can add your data manually or copy data from Excel or any other data source.
- Close the Excel sheet.
- You can change the series split options by position, value, percentage or custom. To accomplish this, in PowerPoint, go to Format Data Series > Series Options > Split series by. (See it in action in the video below).
- File format: PPTX. Compatible with PowerPoint 2013 and above.