How to use and edit this chart template
To edit this chart template, execute following steps.
- Right click on the chart to open chart menu. Click Edit Data. This will open the linked Excel sheet (see video below).
- Enter your data in cells marked in blue color.
- You can add your data manually or copy data from Excel or any other data source.
- Close the Excel sheet.
- You can change which slice you want exploded. You can also increase or decrease the slice explosion percentage. To accomplish this, in PowerPoint, go to Format Data Series > Series Options > Pie Explosion > Specify explosion percentage. (See it in action in the video below).
- Restyle and customize to change text, fonts, colors etc. to match your brand guidelines, corporate identity / corporate design and preferences.
- Modify the template for your own use case, industry or job function. Easily change, add or delete categories and corresponding data series, if you have more/less data than provided in this ready-to-use template.
- File format: PPTX. Compatible with PowerPoint 2010 and above.
Use case example: Expenses analysis
Pie chart in this example shows composition and proportions of total expenses of an organization during a period, under 5 expenses heads – salary, marketing, infrastructure, travel and others. Each expense head is shown by dividing a circle into slices proportional to the data value they represent.
This pie chart template uses slice explosion to add extra emphasis and draw attention.
The chart shows how each individual expense head contributes to the total expenses and their proportions as part of the whole.