How to use and edit this chart template
To edit this chart template, execute following steps.
- Right click on the chart to open chart menu. Click Edit Data. This will open the linked Excel sheet (see video below).
- Enter categories in column A. They are plotted on X-axis.
- Enter corresponding series data for each category in cells highlighted in blue color. This is plotted on Y-axis.
- You can add your data manually or copy data from Excel or any other data source.
- Close the Excel sheet.
- Restyle and customize to change text, icons, fonts, colors etc. to match your brand guidelines, corporate identity / corporate design and preferences.
- Modify the template for your own use case, industry or job function. Easily change, add or delete categories and corresponding data series, if you have more/less data than provided in this ready-to-use template.
- File format: PPTX. Compatible with PowerPoint 2010 and above.
Use case example: Monthly product sales
What are the sales numbers and trends of each of the 5 SaaS products?
The multi-series line chart in above example presents sales data of 5 products over a period of time. With a quick glance, we can see that while 4 of the 5 products show largely consistent sales number trends, ‘managed services’ product sales is not only fluctuating almost each month but also showing a declining trend. This data analysis and presentation emphasizes a need to investigate reasons for this inconsistency.
This chart plots time intervals (months in this example) on X-axis and corresponding numeric values on Y-axis. Each data series is colored differently for easy visual distinction. Each data series is also labeled with series names (product names in this example) for improved readability. This smart labeling eliminates a need for separate legend, thus reducing clutter in the chart.