Multi-Series Line Chart
compare and analyze trends over a period of time at equal intervals.
Excel based datasheet.
- Pre-built data setup with comments, so that you don’t have to spend time figuring out how to setup data correctly.
- Uncluttered charts with professional formatting and styles that automatically adopt to your data, so that you don’t have to find, learn and fine tune tens of hidden settings.
- Out-of-box single/dual axis charts for numeric, percentage and currency data, with pre-placed data labels, legends and offbeat markers for engaging presentations.
- Fully functional data chart with real world data.
What are the sales numbers and trends of each of the 5 SaaS products?
The multi-series line chart in above example presents sales data of 5 products over a period of time. With a quick glance, we can see that while 4 of the 5 products show largely consistent sales number trends, ‘managed services’ product sales is not only fluctuating almost each month but also showing a declining trend. This data analysis and presentation emphasizes a need to investigate reasons for this inconsistency.
This chart plots time intervals (months in this example) on X-axis and corresponding numeric values on Y-axis. Each data series is colored differently for easy visual distinction. Each data series is also labeled with series names (product names in this example) for improved readability. This smart labeling eliminates a need for separate legend, thus reducing clutter in the chart.
To edit this chart template, execute following steps.
- Right click on the chart to open chart menu. Click Edit Data. This will open the linked Excel sheet (see video below).
- Enter categories in column A. They are plotted on X-axis.
- Enter corresponding series data for each category in cells highlighted in blue color. This is plotted on Y-axis.
- Close the Excel sheet.
The following video shows how you can easily edit data and customize the PowerPoint chart template in minutes, for any report or data analysis presentation, irrespective of industry or job function.
PPTX. Compatible with PowerPoint 2010 and above.Instant access and download. Can be saved as PDF, PNG, JPG to insert in MS Word or in other documents or to use on websites and blogs.
See More Related Charts