This chart template;
- Plots three segments on primary X-axis.
- Plots time intervals for each segment on secondary X-axis.
- Plots quantitative numeric values on Y-axis.
- 3 panels / segments with dividers for 3 data sets in one chart.
- Multi-category grouped X-axis for additional variable dimension.
How to use and edit this chart template
To edit this chart template, execute following steps.
- Right click on the chart to open chart menu. Click Edit Data. This will open the linked Excel sheet (see video below).
- Enter data values in cells highlighted in blue color.
- Close the Excel sheet.
- This chart template is preformatted for both positive and negative values.
- In case of negative values, the X-axis adjusts itself and moves down so that the axis labels do not overlap the data series.
- Easily add or delete segments, time intervals and data series, if you have more/less data than provided in the template.
- Add your data manually or copy data from any data source.
- If different, change currency from USD to currency of your country.
- Easily change Y-axis values from currency to absolute numbers or percentages.
- Restyle and customize to change text, fonts, colors etc. to match your brand guidelines, corporate identity / corporate design and preferences.
- Modify the template for your own use case, industry or job function. Easily change, add or delete categories and corresponding data series, if you have more/less data than provided in this ready-to-use template.
- File format: PPTX. Compatible with PowerPoint 2010 and above.
Use case example: Quarterly revenue comparison
In this line chart example, revenue (dollar value) generated by three products is visualized on two dimensions – (a) revenue trends over four quarters and (b) comparison of this year’s revenue with that of last year.