This chart template;
- Plots three segments on primary X-axis.
- Plots time intervals for each segment on secondary X-axis.
- Plots quantitative numeric values on Y-axis.
- 3 panels / segments with dividers for 3 data sets in one chart.
- Multi-category grouped X-axis for additional variable dimension.
Use case example: Quarterly revenue comparison
In this line chart example, revenue (dollar value) generated by three products is visualized on two dimensions – (a) revenue trends over four quarters and (b) comparison of this year’s revenue with that of last year.
How to use and edit this chart template
To edit this chart template, execute following steps.
- Right click on the chart to open chart menu. Click Edit Data. This will open the linked Excel sheet (see video below).
- Enter data values in cells highlighted in blue color.
- Close the Excel sheet.
- This chart template is preformatted for both positive and negative values.
- In case of negative values, the X-axis adjusts itself and moves down so that the axis labels do not overlap the data series.
- File format: PPTX. Compatible with PowerPoint 2010 and above.