In this chart template, average value is derived from absolute numbers using formulas.
Use case example: Daily calls report
The line chart in this example shows (a) number of calls made by a sales rep everyday, indicated by orange line (b) average number of calls during the period, indicated by green line and (c) minimum threshold / target given to the sales rep, indicated by area colored in red.
A quick look at the chart shows that the rep has made 84 calls everyday on an average, which is well above the minimum target of 60 calls a day. Looking at the area in red, the rep has fallen below target on 5 days during the period.
This data gives a good starting point for analysis and further investigation to identify what caused the drops and spikes. Also, what steps can improve the performance further. A must have chart for daily and monthly report of activities.
How to use and edit this chart template
To edit this chart template, execute following steps.
- Right click on the chart to open chart menu. Click Edit Data. This will open the linked Excel sheet (see video below).
- Enter days/categories in column A. They are plotted on X-axis.
- Enter corresponding series data in column B. This is plotted on Y-axis.
- Average of the series data is derived from numeric data. The series data and data average is plotted on Y-axis in form of line chart.
- Enter the minimum threshold / target value in cell C3.
- Close the Excel sheet.
- File format: PPTX. Compatible with PowerPoint 2010 and above.