How to use and edit this chart template
To edit this chart template, execute following steps.
- Right click on the chart to open chart menu. Click Edit Data. This will open the linked Excel sheet (see video below).
- Enter categories in column A. They are plotted on X-axis.
- Enter variable 1 data in column B. This is plotted on primary Y-axis in form of area chart.
- Enter variable 2 data (percentage) in column C. This is plotted on secondary Y-axis in form of preformatted line chart with markers and data value labels.
- You can add your data manually or copy data from Excel or any other data source.
- Close the Excel sheet.
- Restyle and customize to change text, fonts, colors etc. to match your brand guidelines, corporate identity / corporate design and preferences.
- Easily change X-axis category labels.
- Easily change Y-axis data from currency to absolute numbers or percentages.
- Easily change currency symbol from USD to any other currency symbol.
- Modify the template for your own use case, industry or job function. Easily change, add or delete categories and corresponding data series, if you have more/less data than provided in this ready-to-use template.
- File format: PPTX. Compatible with PowerPoint 2010 and above.
Use case example: Average cost per lead and conversion percentage
The chart in above example shows eight lead generation sources, average cost per lead (represented by columns) and lead conversion rate (percentage) for each source (represented by line chart with data labels).
With a quick look at the chart, audience can see that trade conferences and discount promotions are converting well followed by partners and referrals. While social media is generating leads at lowest cost, the conversion rate is way too low as compared to other lead generation sources.
It would be interesting also to analyze high, low and average cost per lead by lead generation source.