In this template height of each segment is automatically determined by its data value in relation to other segments.
How to use and edit this chart template
To edit this chart template, execute following steps.
- Right click on the chart to open chart menu. Click Edit Data. This will open the linked Excel sheet (see video below).
- Enter category names for each funnel segment in cells highlighted in blue color in column A.
- Enter corresponding numeric data in cells highlighted in blue color in column B.
- Close the Excel sheet.
- Height of each segment is automatically determined by its data value in relation to other segments.
- Preformatted and auto placed data labels show category names, absolute values and percentage values (derived from numeric input).
- Modify the template for your own use case, industry or job function. Easily change, add or delete categories and corresponding data series, if you have more/less data than provided in this ready-to-use template.
- File format: PPTX. Compatible with PowerPoint 2013 and above.
Use case example: Average sales cycle in days
The funnel chart in above example visualizes sales cycle of an organization in 5 stages, starting with (1) opportunity at the top, followed by (2) proposals (3) presentations (4) negotiations and (5) conversions/closing at the bottom of the funnel.
With a quick look at the chart, audience can see that with 7.5 days, negotiations phase takes longest, illustrating possible bottlenecks and areas of improvement.
You can easily add or delete number of stages in this Excel based funnel chart template.