In this template, average values are derived from absolute values (auto calculated using formulas).
Use case example: Product revenue and average purchase value
How much revenue is generated by each of the 7 products and what is the average purchase value / ticket size of each product? The chart in above example compares product-wise revenue generated during a period and average product purchase value.
We can see that all the 7 products have generated almost same amount of revenue but product 2 and 4 have comparatively low ticket size. Product 7 has the highest average purchase value.
Does it make sense to invest more on promotion of product 7? Further analysis must be done in conjunction with average profit per sale, using this bubble chart template.
How to use and edit this chart template
To edit this chart template, execute following steps.
- Right click on the chart to open chart menu. Click Edit Data. This will open the linked Excel sheet (see video below).
- Enter categories in column A. These are plotted on X-axis.
- Enter variable 1 data values in column B.
- Enter variable 2 data values in column C. These are plotted on primary Y-axis.
- Per unit data value is derived from numeric input provided in column B and column C (see formula below). This data series is plotted on secondary Y-axis.
- Close the Excel sheet.
- File format: PPTX. Compatible with PowerPoint 2010 and above.