In this template, percent change is derived from numeric data, using formulas.
Use case example: Annual revenue growth
What is the amount of revenue earned in each of the last five years and what is the year-on-year percentage growth in revenue. The chart in above example answers these questions with columns representing annual revenue amount of an organization over last 5 years and the line represents percentage growth in revenue over previous year.
For comparison of quarterly revenue between two periods, use this line chart with 3 panels.
Example KPI Target: Increase YoY annual revenue by 20% in 2018.
How to use and edit this chart template
To edit this chart template, execute following steps.
- Right click on the chart to open chart menu. Click Edit Data. This will open the linked Excel sheet (see video below).
- Enter categories in column A (plotted on X-axis) and corresponding data in column B (plotted on primary Y-axis).
- Percentage change / percentage growth is derived from numeric data entered in column B. This is plotted on secondary Y-axis using a line chart.
- Close the Excel sheet.
- File format: PPTX. Compatible with PowerPoint 2010 and above.
Watch the following video for;
- How to edit chart data.
- How to add categories and data series, if you have more data than provided in this ready-to-use template.
- Dynamic calculations of percent change and display on second Y-axis.
- How to change chart colors easily.