Use case example: Annual revenue and profit comparison
The combination chart in above example compares revenue generated in current year (column chart), with that of last year (line chart with markers) and profit amount earned in current year (area chart).
The quantitative numeric (dollar) values for all the three variables are plotted on single Y-axis. You can also use combination chart for comparison of 4 variables.
How to use and edit this chart template
To edit this chart template, execute following steps.
- Right click on the chart to open chart menu. Click Edit Data. This will open the linked Excel sheet (see video below).
- Enter categories in column A. They are plotted on X-axis.
- Enter variable 1 data values in column B. These are plotted on primary Y-axis in form of column chart.
- Enter variable 2 data values in column C. These are plotted on primary Y-axis in form of line chart.
- Enter variable 3 data values in column D. These are plotted on secondary Y-axis in form of area chart.
- Close the Excel sheet.
- File format: PPTX. Compatible with PowerPoint 2010 and above.