How to use and edit this chart template
To edit this chart template, execute following steps.
- Right click on the chart to open chart menu. Click Edit Data. This will open the linked Excel sheet (see video below).
- Enter categories in column A. They are plotted on X-axis.
- Enter variable 1 data values in column B. These are plotted on primary Y-axis in form of column chart.
- Enter variable 2 data values in column C. These are plotted on primary Y-axis in form of line chart.
- Enter variable 3 data values in column D. These are plotted on secondary Y-axis in form of area chart.
- You can add your data manually or copy data from Excel or any other data source.
- Close the Excel sheet.
- Restyle and customize to change text, fonts, colors etc. to match your brand guidelines, corporate identity / corporate design and preferences.
- Easily change X-axis category labels from months to any other category labels.
- Easily change Y-axis data from currency to absolute numbers or percentages.
- Easily change currency symbol from USD to any other currency symbol.
- Modify the template for your own use case, industry or job function. Easily change, add or delete categories and corresponding data series, if you have more/less data than provided in this ready-to-use template.
- File format: PPTX. Compatible with PowerPoint 2010 and above.
Use case example: Annual revenue and profit comparison
The combination chart in above example compares revenue generated in current year (column chart), with that of last year (line chart with markers) and profit amount earned in current year (area chart).
The quantitative numeric (dollar) values for all the three variables are plotted on single Y-axis. You can also use combination chart for comparison of 4 variables.