Annual Revenue to Profit Ratio
visualize and compare four variables (numeric and percentage) using dual Y-axis in one chart.
Average values are derived from absolute numbers using formulas.
- Pre-built data setup with comments, so that you don’t have to spend time figuring out how to setup data correctly.
- Uncluttered charts with professional formatting and styles that automatically adopt to your data, so that you don’t have to find, learn and fine tune tens of hidden settings.
- Out-of-box single/dual axis charts for numeric, percentage and currency data, with pre-placed data labels, legends and offbeat markers for engaging presentations.
- Fully functional data chart with real world data.
In the above example;
- Revenue (dollar value) generated by an organization in current year are plotted using a column chart.
- Revenue (dollar value) generated by an organization in previous year are plotted using an area chart.
- Profit percentage for each month is plotted using a connected line chart with markers.
- Average annual revenue (derived from monthly revenue) for the current year is plotted using a line chart.
KPI Target Example: Average monthly revenue > $45,000.
Average Revenue for the Year = (Revenue for Jan + Feb + Mar + ….. + Dec ) / 12
To edit this chart template, execute following steps.
- Right click on the chart to open chart menu. Click Edit Data. This will open the linked Excel sheet (see video below).
- Enter categories in column A. They are plotted on X-axis.
- Enter variable 1 data in column B. This is plotted on primary Y-axis in form of area chart.
- Enter variable 2 data in column C. This is plotted on primary Y-axis in form of column chart.
- Average of variable 2 data series is derived from absolute numbers and plotted on primary Y-axis in form of line chart.
- Enter variable 3 (percentage) data in column D. This is plotted on secondary Y-axis in form of line chart with data values.
- Close the Excel sheet.
The following video shows how you can easily edit data and customize the chart in minutes, for any data analysis presentation, irrespective of industry or job function.
PPTX. Compatible with PowerPoint 2010 and above.Instant access and download. Can be saved as PDF, PNG, JPG to insert in MS Word or in other documents or to use on websites and blogs.
See More Related Charts