In this chart template, average values are derived from absolute numbers using formulas.
Use case example: Annual revenue to profit ratio
In the above example;
- Revenue (dollar value) generated by an organization in current year are plotted using a column chart.
- Revenue (dollar value) generated by an organization in previous year are plotted using an area chart.
- Profit percentage for each month is plotted using a connected line chart with markers.
- Average annual revenue (derived from monthly revenue) for the current year is plotted using a line chart.
KPI Target Example: Average monthly revenue > $45,000.
How to use and edit this chart template
To edit this chart template, execute following steps.
- Right click on the chart to open chart menu. Click Edit Data. This will open the linked Excel sheet (see video below).
- Enter categories in column A. They are plotted on X-axis.
- Enter variable 1 data in column B. This is plotted on primary Y-axis in form of area chart.
- Enter variable 2 data in column C. This is plotted on primary Y-axis in form of column chart.
- Average of variable 2 data series is derived from absolute numbers and plotted on primary Y-axis in form of line chart.
- Enter variable 3 (percentage) data in column D. This is plotted on secondary Y-axis in form of line chart with data values.
- Close the Excel sheet.
- File format: PPTX. Compatible with PowerPoint 2010 and above.