In this chart template, average value is auto calculated from absolute values and placed in chart.
How to use and edit this chart template
To edit this chart template, execute following steps.
- Right click on the chart to open chart menu. Click Edit Data. This will open the linked Excel sheet (see video below).
- Enter categories in column A (plotted on X-axis) and corresponding data for each category in column B (plotted on Y-axis).
- Average data series value is derived from absolute values (auto calculated using formulas). Average value is plotted on Y-axis in form of preformatted and auto placed line chart.
- You can add your data manually or copy data from Excel or any other data source.
- Close the Excel sheet.
- Restyle and customize to change text, fonts, colors etc. to match your brand guidelines, corporate identity / corporate design and preferences.
- This chart template is preformatted for both positive and negative values.
- In case of negative values, the corresponding column color automatically changes to red. You can change the default colors easily to choose colors of your choice.
- In case of negative values, the X-axis position adjusts itself and moves down, so that the axis labels do not overlap the data series.
- The data can be numeric, percentages or currency values. Easily change values from currency to absolute numbers or percentages.
- Modify the template for your own use case, industry or job function. Easily change, add or delete categories and corresponding data series, if you have more/less data than provided in this ready-to-use template.
- File format: PPTX. Compatible with PowerPoint 2010 and above.
Use case example: Average monthly revenue
In the above example, monthly revenue (dollar value) generated by an organization are plotted using column chart and the average revenue (auto-calculated) is plotted using a line chart with markers.
KPI Target Example: Average Monthly Revenue > $300,000