Use case example: Annual revenue and profit percentage comparison
The combination chart in above example compares (a) monthly revenue generated in current year (column chart), with that of last year (line chart with markers) and (b) monthly profit percentage in current year (area chart 1) with that of last year (area chart 2).
The quantitative numeric (dollar) values corresponding to each month’s revenue are plotted on primary Y-axis. The percentage values representing each month’s profit percentage are plotted on secondary Y-axis.
How to use and edit this chart template
To edit this chart template, execute following steps.
- Right click on the chart to open chart menu. Click Edit Data. This will open the linked Excel sheet (see video below).
- Enter categories in column A. They are plotted on X-axis.
- Enter variable 1 data values in column B. These are plotted on primary Y-axis in form of column chart.
- Enter variable 2 data values in column C. These are plotted on primary Y-axis in form of line chart.
- Enter variable 3 data values in column D. These are plotted on secondary Y-axis in form of area chart.
- Enter variable 4 data values in column E. These are plotted on secondary Y-axis in form of area chart.
- Close the Excel sheet.
- File format: PPTX. Compatible with PowerPoint 2010 and above.