In this template, average values are derived from absolute values (auto calculated using formulas).
How to use and edit this chart template
To edit this chart template, execute following steps.
- Right click on the chart to open chart menu. Click Edit Data. This will open the linked Excel sheet (see video below).
- Enter categories in column A. These are plotted on X-axis.
- Enter variable 1 data values in column B.
- Enter variable 2 data values in column C. These are plotted on primary Y-axis.
- The per unit data values are derived from numeric data input provided in column B and column C (see formula below). They are plotted on secondary Y-axis.
- You can add your data manually or copy data from Excel or any other data source.
- Close the Excel sheet.
- Restyle and customize to change text, fonts, colors etc. to match your brand guidelines, corporate identity / corporate design and preferences.
- Easily change X-axis category labels from months to any other category labels.
- Easily change Y-axis values from currency to absolute numbers or percentages.
- Easily change currency symbol from USD to any other currency symbol.
- Modify the template for your own use case, industry or job function. Easily change, add or delete categories and corresponding data series, if you have more/less data than provided in this ready-to-use template.
- File format: PPTX. Compatible with PowerPoint 2013 and above.
Use case example: Average revenue per user (ARPU)
Whats is our monthly revenue? Whats is the monthly revenue per user? Is average revenue per user (ARPU) growing or declining?
The chart in above example answers these questions. Monthly revenue (dollar value) generated by an organization is plotted using a column chart (also known as vertical bar chart) and average revenue earned per user are plotted using line chart with markers.
With just a look, we can see that while the monthly revenue has increased from January to December, the ARPU is showing a declining trend. Is it because of decrease in prices in response to competition? Is the ARPU in line with our forecasts and industry average? These are the matters of further investigation, from the insights garnered from this chart.
You can use scatter plot template for further data analysis.
KPI Target Example: Average revenue per user > $150