Combination Chart with Grouped X-Axis and 2 Y-Axis
visualize and compare category data plotted on grouped X-axis and dual Y-axis.
- Categories are grouped on X-axis.
- Percent change is derived from numeric data, using formulas.
- Pre-built data setup with comments, so that you don’t have to spend time figuring out how to setup data correctly.
- Uncluttered charts with professional formatting and styles that automatically adopt to your data, so that you don’t have to find, learn and fine tune tens of hidden settings.
- Out-of-box single/dual axis charts for numeric, percentage and currency data, with pre-placed data labels, legends and offbeat markers for engaging presentations.
- Fully functional data chart with real world data.
The chart in above example presents annual revenue generated by an organization during last 5 years and the projected revenue for next 4 years, with percent growth in year-on-year revenue.
The columns in this chart template represent dollar values and the line represents percentage increase (auto-calculated) in revenue over previous year. The actual and projected groups are shown along X-axis.
When you want to present comparison of both the actual revenue earned over last few years and the projected revenue for next few years, you can either use two different chart types or use a chart with grouped X-axis, like in this example. You can further enhance the visual communication by using different color shades for two groups.
% Change = [ (Revenue in this year – Revenue in previous year) / Revenue in previous year ] x 100
To edit chart data, execute following steps.
- Right click on the chart to open chart menu. Click Edit Data. This will open the linked Excel sheet (see video below).
- Enter category groups in column A. For example, enter group 1 as ‘Actual Revenue’ and group 2 as ‘Projected Revenue’.
- Enter categories in column B (plotted on X-axis) and corresponding data in column C (plotted on primary Y-axis).
- Percentage change / percentage increase or decrease is derived from numeric data entered in column B. This is plotted on secondary Y-axis in form of line chart with markers and data labels.
- Close the Excel sheet.
The following video shows how you can easily edit data and customize the PowerPoint chart template in minutes, for any report or data analysis presentation, irrespective of industry or job function.
PPTX. Compatible with PowerPoint 2010 and above.Instant access and download. Can be saved as PDF, PNG, JPG to insert in MS Word or in other documents or to use on websites and blogs.
See More Related Charts