In this template, the ratio between variable 1 and variable 2 is auto calculated / percentage values are derived from numeric data, using formulas. This ratio is plotted on secondary Y-axis (percentage values).
Use case example: Content marketing reach - results ratio
Which day of the week performs best for content marketing, in terms of reach as well as results / engagements?
The combination chart pictograph in above example presents an analysis of content marketing data of an organization gathered over a period. Categories (weekdays in this example) are plotted on X-axis. Audience reach is plotted on primary Y-axis and percentage engagement is plotted on secondary Y-axis.
While height of pencils makes it easy to compare the first variable (reach), pre-designed and auto placed connected markers with data labels show the comparison and pattern of second variable (percent engagement).
We can see that Saturdays perform best as far as reach is concerned. Mondays, although the reach is comparatively low, result in highest audience engagement percentage.
The pencil image, closely related to the subject of this chart, lends a more engaging experience for the audience.
How to use and edit this chart template
To edit this chart template, execute following steps.
- Right click on the chart to open chart menu. Click Edit Data. This will open the linked Excel sheet (see video below).
- Enter categories in column A. They are plotted on X-axis.
- Enter variable 1 data in column B. This is plotted on primary Y-axis (numeric values).
- Enter variable 2 data in column C.
- Close the Excel sheet.
- File format: PPTX. Compatible with PowerPoint 2013 and above.