In this template, the ratio between variable 1 and variable 2 is auto calculated / percentage values are derived from numeric data, using formulas.
How to use and edit this chart template
To edit this chart template, execute following steps.
- Right click on the chart to open chart menu. Click Edit Data. This will open the linked Excel sheet (see video below).
- Enter categories in column A. They are plotted on X-axis.
- Enter variable 1 data in column B. This is plotted on primary Y-axis (numeric values).
- Enter variable 2 data in column C.
- The ratio between variable 1 and variable 2 is derived using formulas. This ratio is plotted on secondary Y-axis (percentage values)
- You can add your data manually or copy data from Excel or any other data source.
- Close the Excel sheet.
- Easily change Y-axis values from numbers to currency or percentages.
- Modify the template for your own use case, industry or job function. Easily change, add or delete categories and corresponding data series, if you have more/less data than provided in this ready-to-use template.
- File format: PPTX. Compatible with PowerPoint 2013 and above.
Use case example: Content marketing reach - results ratio
Which day of the week performs best for content marketing, in terms of reach as well as results / engagements?
The combination chart pictograph in above example presents an analysis of content marketing data of an organization gathered over a period. Categories (weekdays in this example) are plotted on X-axis. Audience reach is plotted on primary Y-axis and percentage engagement is plotted on secondary Y-axis.
While height of pencils makes it easy to compare the first variable (reach), pre-designed and auto placed connected markers with data labels show the comparison and pattern of second variable (percent engagement).
We can see that Saturdays perform best as far as reach is concerned. Mondays, although the reach is comparatively low, result in highest audience engagement percentage.
The pencil image, closely related to the subject of this chart, lends a more engaging experience for the audience.