In this template, the category with highest value is automatically highlighted in a different color from rest of the categories.
How to use and edit this chart template
To edit this chart template, execute following steps.
- Right click on the chart to open chart menu. Click Edit Data. This will open the linked Excel sheet (see video below).
- Enter category values in column A (plotted on X-axis) and corresponding data in column B (plotted on Y-axis).
- You can add your data manually or copy data from Excel or any other data source.
- Close the Excel sheet.
- Restyle and customize to change text, fonts, colors etc. to match your brand guidelines, corporate identity / corporate design and preferences.
- The category with highest value is automatically identified and highlighted in a different color from rest of the categories.
- Modify the template for your own use case, industry or job function. Easily change, add or delete categories and corresponding data series, if you have more/less data than provided in this ready-to-use template.
- File format: PPTX. Compatible with PowerPoint 2013 and above.
Use case example: Monthly sales
The uncommon column chart in above example compares monthly sales for six months – from January to June. The month with highest sales volume is automatically highlighted in green color, to draw instant attention.