Month-over-Month Percentage Revenue Growth
compare percent increase/decrease in data values over a period or across categories.
- Percent growth (positive or negative / increase or decrease) is derived from absolute numbers using formulas.
- Columns with negative growth are auto highlighted in a different color to draw attention.
- Pre-built data setup with comments, so that you don’t have to spend time figuring out how to setup data correctly.
- Uncluttered charts with professional formatting and styles that automatically adopt to your data, so that you don’t have to find, learn and fine tune tens of hidden settings.
- Out-of-box single/dual axis charts for numeric, percentage and currency data, with pre-placed data labels, legends and offbeat markers for engaging presentations.
- Fully functional data chart with real world data.
Column chart in above example compares month-over-month revenue growth of an organization from January to August. The percent growth is derived from absolute numbers (auto calculated) using formulas in Excel based datasheet.
This dynamic highlighting of columns in different color helps in instantly spotting months / categories with negative growth.
% Growth = [ (Revenue in this month – Revenue in previous month) / Revenue in previous month ] x 100
To edit this chart template, execute following steps.
- Right click on the chart to open chart menu. Click Edit Data. This will open the linked Excel sheet (see video below).
- Enter categories in column A (plotted on X-axis).
- Enter corresponding series data in column B (plotted on Y-axis).
- Percent change (increase/decrease) is derived from numeric values.
- The categories (months in this example) showing negative growth (decrease in revenue over previous period) are automatically highlighted in red color. You can change the highlight color.
- Close the Excel sheet.
The following video shows how you can easily edit data and customize the chart in minutes, for any data analysis presentation, irrespective of industry or job function.
PPTX. Compatible with PowerPoint 2010 and above.Instant access and download. Can be saved as PDF, PNG, JPG to insert in MS Word or in other documents or to use on websites and blogs.
See More Related Charts