In this template;
- Percent growth (positive or negative / increase or decrease) is derived from absolute numbers using formulas.
- Columns with negative growth are auto highlighted in a different color to draw attention.
How to use and edit this chart template
To edit this chart template, execute following steps.
- Right click on the chart to open chart menu. Click Edit Data. This will open the linked Excel sheet (see video below).
- Enter categories in column A (plotted on X-axis).
- Enter corresponding series data in column B (plotted on Y-axis).
- Percent change (increase/decrease) is derived from numeric values.
- The categories (months in this example) showing negative growth (decrease in revenue over previous period) are automatically highlighted in red color. You can change the highlight color.
- You can add your data manually or copy data from Excel or any other data source.
- Close the Excel sheet.
- Restyle and customize to change text, fonts, colors etc. to match your brand guidelines, corporate identity / corporate design and preferences.
- Modify the template for your own use case, industry or job function. Easily change, add or delete categories and corresponding data series, if you have more/less data than provided in this ready-to-use template.
- File format: PPTX. Compatible with PowerPoint 2010 and above.
Use case example: Monthly percent revenue growth
Column chart in above example compares month-over-month revenue growth of an organization from January to August. The percent growth is derived from absolute numbers (auto calculated) using formulas in Excel based datasheet.
This dynamic highlighting of columns in different color helps in instantly spotting months / categories with negative growth.