This template with grouped Y-axis automatically highlights the bars with highest value in each category.
How to use and edit this chart template
To edit this chart template, execute following steps.
- Right click on the chart to open chart menu. Click Edit Data. This will open the linked Excel sheet (see video below).
- Enter parent categories in column A.
- Enter child categories in column B. They are grouped together with the parent categories.
- Enter corresponding data in column C.
- You can add your data manually or copy data from Excel or any other data source.
- Close the Excel sheet.
- Child categories with highest values within each parent category are automatically identified and highlighted in a different color.
- Restyle and customize to change text, fonts, colors etc. to match your brand guidelines, corporate identity / corporate design and preferences.
- Modify the template for your own use case, industry or job function. Easily change, add or delete categories and corresponding data series, if you have more/less data than provided in this ready-to-use template.
- File format: PPTX. Compatible with PowerPoint 2010 and above.
Use case example: Sales volume by branches
The chart in above example presents monthly sales volume comparison of 4 branches during January, February and March. The data labels show the sales numbers for each branch for each month.
In this chart template, for each of the 4 branches, months with highest sales volume are automatically highlighted in a different color to draw instant attention.