This template with grouped Y-axis automatically highlights the bars with highest value in each category.
Use case example: Sales volume by branches
The chart in above example presents monthly sales volume comparison of 4 branches during January, February and March. The data labels show the sales numbers for each branch for each month.
In this chart template, for each of the 4 branches, months with highest sales volume are automatically highlighted in a different color to draw instant attention.
How to use and edit this chart template
To edit this chart template, execute following steps.
- Right click on the chart to open chart menu. Click Edit Data. This will open the linked Excel sheet (see video below).
- Enter parent categories in column A.
- Enter child categories in column B. They are grouped together with the parent categories.
- Enter corresponding data in column C.
- Close the Excel sheet.
- Child categories with highest values within each parent category are automatically identified and highlighted in a different color.
- File format: PPTX. Compatible with PowerPoint 2010 and above.