How to use and edit this chart template
To edit this chart template, execute following steps.
- Right click on the chart to open chart menu. Click Edit Data. This will open the linked Excel sheet (see video below).
- Enter category data in column A, corresponding percentage data values for comparison 1 in column B and percentage data values for comparison 2 in column C.
- The template has data for 10 categories. Add or delete number of categories as required.
- Close the Excel sheet.
- Restyle and customize to change text, fonts, colors etc. to match your brand guidelines, corporate identity / corporate design and preferences.
- Modify the template for your own use case, industry or job function. Easily change, add or delete categories and corresponding data series, if you have more/less data than provided in this ready-to-use template.
- File format: PPTX. Compatible with PowerPoint 2010 and above.
Use case example: Bifurcation of footfall in stores
The butterfly chart in above example compares percentage of men and women footfalls in stores across ten locations of a retail store chain.
Percentage values are plotted on X-axis and categories (locations in this example) are plotted on Y-axis. The two sub-categories/data series (men and women) are displayed side by side on either side of the categories for a quick comparison.