In this chart template, percent increase / decrease is auto calculated using formulas.
How to use and edit this chart template
To edit this chart template, execute following steps.
- Right click on the chart to open chart menu. Click Edit Data. This will open the linked Excel sheet (see video below).
- Enter category data in column A, numeric data values for parameter 1 in column B and numeric data values for parameter 2 in column C.
- The percentage increase/decrease between two parameters is derived from numeric data using formulas.
- The template has data for 10 categories. Add or delete number of categories as required.
- Close the Excel sheet.
- Restyle and customize to change text, fonts, colors etc. to match your brand guidelines, corporate identity / corporate design and preferences.
- Modify the template for your own use case. Easily change, add or delete categories and corresponding data series, if you have more/less data than provided in this ready-to-use template.
- File format: PPTX. Compatible with PowerPoint 2010 and above.
Use case example: Sales comparison between two periods
The butterfly chart template above shows product sales numbers of ten products and compares them between two period. The chart also displays percent increase or decrease over previous period.
Numeric values are plotted on X-axis and categories (products in this example) are plotted on Y-axis. The two sub-categories/data series (last year and this year) are displayed side by side on either side of the categories for a quick comparison.