Brand Value Comparison and Percentage Change
compare data between two periods side by side and show percent increase/decrease.
Percentage increase/decrease between two periods is derived from numeric data using formulas.
- Pre-built data setup with comments, so that you don’t have to spend time figuring out how to setup data correctly.
- Uncluttered charts with professional formatting and styles that automatically adopt to your data, so that you don’t have to find, learn and fine tune tens of hidden settings.
- Out-of-box single/dual axis charts for numeric, percentage and currency data, with pre-placed data labels, legends and offbeat markers for engaging presentations.
- Fully functional data chart with real world data.
The butterfly chart template above shows brand value of top 10 companies and compares them between two periods – 2017 and 2018. The chart also displays percent increase or decrease in brand value over the year 2017.
Brand values in US dollars are plotted on X-axis and categories (companies in this example) are plotted on Y-axis. The two periods/sub-categories/data series (2017 and 2018 in this example) are displayed side by side on either side of the categories for a quick comparison.
% Change = [ (Brand value in 2018 – Brand value in 2017) / Brand value in 2017] x 100
To edit this chart, execute following steps.
- Right click on the chart to open chart menu. Click Edit Data. This will open the linked Excel sheet (see video below).
- Enter category data in column A, numeric data values for comparison period 1 in column B and numeric data values for comparison period 2 in column C.
- Close the Excel sheet.
The following video shows how you can easily edit data and customize the chart in minutes, for any data analysis presentation, irrespective of industry or job function.
PPTX. This template is compatible with PowerPoint 2010 and above.Instant access and download. Can be saved as PDF, PNG, JPG to insert in MS Word or in other documents or to use on websites and blogs.
See More Related Charts