In this chart template, percent increase / decrease is auto calculated using formulas.
How to use and edit this chart template
To edit this chart template, execute following steps.
- Right click on the chart to open chart menu. Click Edit Data. This will open the linked Excel sheet (see video below).
- Enter category data in column A, numeric data values for comparison period 1 in column B and numeric data values for comparison period 2 in column C.
- The percentage increase/decrease between two periods is derived from numeric data using formulas.
- The template has data for 10 categories. Add or delete number of categories as required.
- Close the Excel sheet.
- If different, change currency from USD to currency of your country.
- Easily change data series values from currency to absolute numbers or percentages.
- Restyle and customize to change text, fonts, colors etc. to match your brand guidelines, corporate identity / corporate design and preferences.
- Modify the template for your own use case, industry or job function. Easily change, add or delete categories and corresponding data series, if you have more/less data than provided in this ready-to-use template.
- File format: PPTX. This template is compatible with PowerPoint 2010 and above.
Use case example: Brand value comparison
The butterfly chart template above shows brand value of top 10 companies and compares them between two periods – 2017 and 2018. The chart also displays percent increase or decrease in brand value over the year 2017.
Brand values in US dollars are plotted on X-axis and categories (companies in this example) are plotted on Y-axis. The two periods/sub-categories/data series (2017 and 2018 in this example) are displayed side by side on either side of the categories for a quick comparison.