Target vs. Actual Revenue Per Sales Rep
visualize and compare target vs. actual performance data in 3 qualitative ranges.
- You can specify same or different target value for each category.
- You can also specify your own performance range values and labels.
- Pre-built data setup with comments, so that you don’t have to spend time figuring out how to setup data correctly.
- Uncluttered charts with professional formatting and styles that automatically adopt to your data, so that you don’t have to find, learn and fine tune tens of hidden settings.
- Out-of-box single/dual axis charts for numeric, percentage and currency data, with pre-placed data labels, legends and offbeat markers for engaging presentations.
- Fully functional data chart with real world data.
The bullet chart in above example measures actual revenue generated by seven employees / sales reps against target. All employees / sales reps have same target, indicated by a black marker line. Actual dollar value of target achievement for each sales rep is indicated by an orange bar.
The actual revenue achievement amounts, in addition to quantitative values, are also auto placed in one of the three qualitative performance ranges – poor, acceptable and excellent, color coded with gray, blue and green colors respectively.
With a glance at the chart, audience can make out (a) which employees / sales reps have overachieved targets (b) which employees / sales reps haven’t met targets and (c) where do they fall in terms of qualitative performance.
To edit chart data, execute following steps.
- Right click on the chart to open chart menu. Click Edit Data. This will open the linked Excel sheet (see video below).
- Enter categories in column A.
- Specify your own quantitative values for each qualitative performance range in columns D, E and F. In the template with three performance ranges, less than $5,000 is set to poor range , $5,001 – $8,000 is set to acceptable range and $8,001 to $10,000 is set to excellent range.
- Enter actual values in column B.
- Enter target / budget values in column C. They can be same for all categories or different for each category.
- Close the Excel sheet.
The following video shows how you can easily edit data and customize the chart in minutes, for any data analysis presentation, irrespective of industry or job function.
PPTX. Compatible with PowerPoint 2010 and above.Instant access and download. Can be saved as PDF, PNG, JPG to insert in MS Word or in other documents or to use on websites and blogs.
See More Related Charts