How to use and edit this chart template
To edit this chart template, execute following steps.
- Right click on the chart to open chart menu. Click Edit Data. This will open the linked Excel sheet (see video below).
- Enter your data in cells marked in blue color.
- You can add your data manually or copy data from Excel or any other data source.
- Close the Excel sheet.
- You can change the series split options by position, value, percentage or custom. To accomplish this, in PowerPoint, go to Format Data Series > Series Options > Split series by. (See it in action in the video below).
- Restyle and customize to change text, fonts, colors etc. to match your brand guidelines, corporate identity / corporate design and preferences.
- Modify the template for your own use case, industry or job function. Easily change, add or delete categories and corresponding data series, if you have more/less data than provided in this ready-to-use template.
- File format: PPTX. Compatible with PowerPoint 2013 and above.
Use case example: Products contribution to total revenue
Bar of pie chart, a variation of pie chart, in the above example visualizes proportions of sales generated by each of the 10 retail products. Similar to pie of pie chart, in bar of pie chart, smaller categories are clubbed as ‘other’ and plotted as a bar chart, which forms a part of the primary pie chart.
Sales contributions of six products are shown in the pie chart and contributions of other four products are shown using an extension in form of stacked bar chart.
With more than 5 – 7 categories, a pie chart can get cluttered and difficult to read. Bar of pie chart helps in avoiding clutter by combining specified number of categories as ‘other’.