In this chart template;
- Data is automatically sorted and ranked in ascending order, irrespective of how you enter it.
- Use this to show values from lowest to highest.
How to use and edit this chart template
To edit this chart template, execute following steps.
- Right click on the chart to open chart menu. Click Edit Data. This will open the linked Excel sheet (see video below).
- Enter category data in column A and enter corresponding numbers in column B.
- The template has data for 10 categories. Add or delete number of categories as required.
- Close the Excel sheet.
- If different, change currency from USD to currency of your country.
- Restyle and customize to change text, fonts, colors etc. to match your brand guidelines, corporate identity / corporate design and preferences.
- This template is pre-formatted for both positive and negative values. In case of negative values, the corresponding column colors change to red automatically. You can change the default colors easily to choose colors of your choice.
- In case of negative values, the Y-axis position adjusts itself so that the axis labels do not overlap the data series.
- Modify the template for your own use case. Easily change, add or delete categories and corresponding data series, if you have more/less data than provided in this ready-to-use template.
- File format: PPTX. Compatible with PowerPoint 2013 and above.
Use case example: Revenue driven product ranking
The bar chart in above example shows 10 products (plotted on Y-axis) of an organization, ranked in order of revenue generated – from lowest revenue grosser to the highest. The dollar value / amount of revenue generated by each product is shown at the base of the bars.
X-axis also shows the percentage of revenue generated by each of the 10 products.