In this chart template;
- Data is automatically sorted and ranked in ascending order, irrespective of how you enter it.
- Use this to show values from lowest to highest.
- This template is pre-formatted for both positive and negative values. In case of negative values, the corresponding column colors change to red automatically. You can change the default colors easily to choose colors of your choice.
- In case of negative values, the Y-axis position adjusts itself so that the axis labels do not overlap the data series.
Use case example: Revenue driven product ranking
The bar chart in above example shows 10 products (plotted on Y-axis) of an organization, ranked in order of revenue generated – from lowest revenue grosser to the highest. The dollar value / amount of revenue generated by each product is shown at the base of the bars.
X-axis also shows the percentage of revenue generated by each of the 10 products.
How to use and edit this chart template
To edit this chart template, execute following steps.
- Right click on the chart to open chart menu. Click Edit Data. This will open the linked Excel sheet (see video below).
- Enter category data in column A and enter corresponding numbers in column B.
- The template has data for 10 categories. Add or delete number of categories as required.
- Close the Excel sheet.
- File format: PPTX. Compatible with PowerPoint 2013 and above.