How to use and edit this chart template
To edit this chart template, execute following steps.
- Right click on the chart to open chart menu. Click Edit Data. This will open the linked Excel sheet (see video below).
- Enter categories in column A (plotted on Y-axis) and corresponding data in column B (plotted on X-axis).
- You can add your data manually or copy data from Excel or any other data source.
- Close the Excel sheet.
- This chart template uses icons to represent data in a more relatable and engaging way.
- Each icon/unit in this chart template is set to represent 10%. You can change this value in PowerPoint by going to Format data series > Fill > Stack and scale with units.
- Modify the template for your own use case, industry or job function. Easily change, add or delete categories and corresponding data series, if you have more/less data than provided in this ready-to-use template.
- File format: PPTX. Compatible with PowerPoint 2010 and above.
Use case example: Digital marketing audience engagement with content type
Do men and women engage differently with different content type? Which content should be targeted more at women and which content works better with men?
The bar chart infographic with icons (also known as unit chart) in above example presents an analysis of social media campaign data of an organization gathered over a period. Categories (content type in this example) are plotted on Y-axis. Audience engagement percentages are plotted on X-axis.
Since the data is for men and women engagement, it is plotted using men and women icons, aptly colored in blue and pink respectively. This not only makes the chart a lot more visual and engaging but also makes it super easy to compare patterns, with just a quick glance at the chart.
From the data gathered by this organization, we can see that men engage more with text content. Women are more engaged in images and live videos compared to other content types.
The appropriate icons used in this chart, closely related to the subject of this chart, lends a more engaging experience for the audience.