4 Series Clustered / Grouped Column Chart
present and compare data of four sub-categories within each main category.
Excel based datasheet.
- Pre-built data setup with comments, so that you don’t have to spend time figuring out how to setup data correctly.
- Uncluttered charts with professional formatting and styles that automatically adopt to your data, so that you don’t have to find, learn and fine tune tens of hidden settings.
- Out-of-box single/dual axis charts for numeric, percentage and currency data, with pre-placed data labels, legends and offbeat markers for engaging presentations.
- Fully functional data chart with real world data.
The chart in above example compares quarterly revenue generated from services by an organization . With just a glance, we can see that consulting revenue has shown impressive growth in first 3 quarters. Revenue from development services is more or less stagnant in first 3 quarters and rather has decreased in the fourth quarter. On the other hand, revenue from support services has grown consistently in each quarter of the year.
Four series grouped or clustered Column charts are used to present and compare data of four sub-categories within each main category. In other words, unlike singe series charts, in this chart type, each category has four data series.
The main categories as well as sub-categories are plotted on the X-axis with their corresponding values on Y-axis. However, only the main category labels are shown on X-axis and the sub-category labels are usually shown using a legend.
The sub-categories are grouped together by their main category and placed side-by-side. They are usually separated using different bar colors.
To edit this chart template, execute following steps.
- Right click on the chart to open chart menu. Click Edit Data. This will open the linked Excel sheet (see video below).
- Enter main categories in column A.
- Enter sub-category 1 data in column B.
- Enter sub-category 2 data in column C.
- Enter sub-category 3 data in column D.
- Enter sub-category 4 data in column E.
- Close the Excel sheet.
The following video shows how you can easily edit data and customize the PowerPoint chart template in minutes, for any report or data analysis presentation, irrespective of industry or job function.
PPTX. Compatible with PowerPoint 2003 and above.Instant access and download. Can be saved as PDF, PNG, JPG to insert in MS Word or in other documents or to use on websites and blogs.
See More Related Charts