How to use and edit this chart template
To edit this chart template, execute following steps.
- Right click on the chart to open chart menu. Click Edit Data. This will open the linked Excel sheet (see video below).
- Enter your data in cells marked in blue color.
- You can add your data manually or copy data from Excel or any other data source.
- Close the Excel sheet.
- Restyle and customize to change text, fonts, colors etc. to match your brand guidelines, corporate identity / corporate design and preferences.
3D pie chart template above plots percentage of expenses incurred by business development department of an organization. The chart shows proportions of expenses incurred under each of the 5 major expense heads. While 38% going towards salaries and 30% towards marketing looks good for a business development department, there probably is a scope to reduce infrastructure expenses from current level of 20% of total expenses and a further analysis can reveal steps required to bring down the infrastructure expenses.
3D pie charts (and most other 3D charts) are difficult to read and do not add value beyond aesthetic effects.
- Ready-to-use, easy to edit and fully customizable.
- Example with real world data.
- File format: PPTX. Compatible with PowerPoint 2003 and above.
- Aspect ratio: 16:9 screen layout (easily copy to 4:3 presentation templates without any distortion).
- Font used: Calibri (free system font).
- Easily save as images (JPEG, PNG etc.) to use in newsletters, PDFs, blogs, websites, prints etc.