Use case example: Number of products demos by sales reps
The chart in above example compares and presents number of products demonstrations made by Mike, Brian and Elisa for each of the 3 products – Curse, Eco Plus and Wave Smart.
Similar to grouped column chart, three series grouped or clustered bar charts are used to present and compare data of three sub-categories within each main category.
The main categories as well as sub-categories are plotted on the Y-axis with their corresponding values on X-axis. However, only the main category labels are shown on Y-axis and the sub-category labels are usually shown using a legend.
The sub-categories are grouped together by their main category and placed side-by-side. They are usually separated using different bar colors.
How to use and edit this chart template
To edit this chart template, execute following steps.
- Right click on the chart to open chart menu. Click Edit Data. This will open the linked Excel sheet (see video below).
- Enter main categories in column A.
- Enter sub-category 1 data in column B.
- Enter sub-category 2 data in column C.
- Enter sub-category 3 data in column D.
- Close the Excel sheet.
- File format: PPTX. Compatible with PowerPoint 2003 and above.