How to use and edit this chart template
To edit this chart template, execute following steps.
- Right click on the chart to open chart menu. Click Edit Data. This will open the linked Excel sheet (see video below).
- Enter main categories in column A.
- Enter sub-category 1 data in column B.
- Enter sub-category 2 data in column C.
- You can add your data manually or copy data from Excel or any other data source.
- Close the Excel sheet.
- Restyle and customize to change text, fonts, colors etc. to match your brand guidelines, corporate identity / corporate design and preferences.
- Modify the template for your own use case, industry or job function. Easily change, add or delete categories and corresponding data series, if you have more/less data than provided in this ready-to-use template.
- File format: PPTX. Compatible with PowerPoint 2003 and above.
Use case example: Purchase value by men and women shoppers
The chart in above example shows monthly breakup of purchase value by men and women shoppers from January to June. Purchase value of men shoppers is indicated by blue bars and that of women shoppers by pink bars.
Two series grouped or clustered Column charts are used to present and compare data of two sub-categories within each main category. In other words, unlike singe series charts, in this chart type, each category has two data series.
The main categories as well as sub-categories are plotted on the X-axis with their corresponding values on Y-axis. However, only the main category labels are shown on X-axis and the sub-category labels are usually shown using a legend.
The sub-categories are grouped together by their main category and placed side-by-side. They are usually separated using different bar colors.